Recipe by Theresa in Chi-town
Started with 2 left over whole roasted chickens....needed something for dinner. I was going to make soup with the meat, but instead tried something else. Turned out AWSOME. Can be used in anything from an enchilada filling to a taco filling, to an additive to rice or noodles. I have taken tortilla chips and dipped it into the chicken or used it on top of nachos as well.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 cups of precooked shredded roasted chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm Oil in a skillet.
- Add Shredded chicken and green onions. Stir together for about a minute or so.
- Add the taco seasoning mix. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the half and half. You want it to just mix with the chicken and spices to almost form a creamy chicken consistancy.
- Stir till pot is hot.
- Use in tacos, enchiladas, or serve with rice/noodles. Also can be used on top of nachos or as a dip with tortilla chips.