Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I've tried numerous shredded chicken sandwich recipes and this one is far and away the best one. It was given to me by a friend who served it at her parent's 50th wedding anniversary reception. Simple and tasty! It can be easily doubled for large crowds. Be sure to use a Reynold's Crock Pot Liner for easy clean up. Serving number is an estimate. It depends on how much shredded chicken you pile onto the bun :)
- 1 (50 ounce) can chicken, deboned (sweet sue is the brand i use)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- Ritz cracker (use 1/2 sleeve)
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix (Chicken or herb flavor)
- Mix together
- Put into a crock pot
- Cook on the Low setting for 2-3 hours.If the recipe is doubled, Cook 1 hour on High, then turn down to the low setting for 3 hours.
- Serve on Buns.
This recipe is awesome and now has 2 reviews....sis!
It took me forever to find a shredded chicken recipe that was both easy and great tasting. I am well known for my cooking skills at church and this is requested every couple of months for our potlucks. Nobody can believe how simple it is to make. I doubled a recipe for a viewing party we through. I thought there would be more than enough and I could have leftovers for lunch the next day. Halfway through the party there was none left. Congrats on such a great recipe.
Super good and easy. This has a lot more flavor than just using Ritz crackers. I do think this makes more than 10-12 servings but of course that depends on how much you can stuff in a bun. I doubled this for a baby shower and it filled to the top my 6 quart slow cooker. Thanks for this better recipe for shredded chicken!