Recipe by mariposa13
My best friend taught me how to make this and it is authentic.
Top Review by browncanesugar
Very good and easy. I added cilantro, onion and garlic powder to the water where I cooked the chicken and used that broth for the cup of water ( didn't use the whole cup as it would water it down too much). Once the chicken was cooked, I removed the breasts and added the tomato pieces and cooked until soft. Saved a little bit of calories from the oil. Once the sauce was made in the blender, I added and the chicken it to the onions and simmered. Came out great!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can chipotle chiles
- 3 -4 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in large pot and add water to cover. Add salt.
- Turn water up to boiling and let simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and shred. Set aside.
- Heat med-large skillet with oil. Add halved tomatoes and cook about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from skillet and place in blender. Add chipotles to blender with tomatoes (for mild taste only use 1-2 chipotles, add more for more heat).
- Add 1 cup water to blender and about 1 tsp salt. Blend and set aside.
- Place sliced onion in skillet. Cook about 5 minutes. Add salsa to skillet; mix well.
- Mix chicken and salsa together and serve warm on tostadas.