1/2 Photos of Shredded Chicken for Enchiladas
1 hr 15 mins
I love enchiladas. This recipe is a good filling for them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken breasts and bouillon cube in a sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer the chicken for 45 minutes to an hour until tender enough to shred.
- 2Pull the meat out of the sauce pan and set aside to cool.
- 3Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onions, jalapenos, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes on medium heat or until onions are soft and translucent.
- 4Add in the tomatoes and cook until mushy about 10 minutes.
- 5Shred the chicken and add it to the tomato mixture. Stir and continue to cook until the chicken is warm.
- 6Salt and pepper to taste and stuff the chicken in corntortillas for enchilads.
- 7Cook the enchiladas and serve.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Chicken for Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 78.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g