I love enchiladas. This recipe is a good filling for them.
Make and share this Shredded Chicken for Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- Place the chicken breasts and bouillon cube in a sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer the chicken for 45 minutes to an hour until tender enough to shred.
- Pull the meat out of the sauce pan and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onions, jalapenos, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes on medium heat or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until mushy about 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and add it to the tomato mixture. Stir and continue to cook until the chicken is warm.
- Salt and pepper to taste and stuff the chicken in corntortillas for enchilads.
- Cook the enchiladas and serve.
This was a pretty good recipe and easy to remember! I used chicken thighs since we are on a bit of a budget and it worked just as well.