Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I love enchiladas. This recipe is a good filling for them.
- 2 chicken breasts (bone in skin on)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄4 white onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (minced, or a serrano if you like it spicy)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place the chicken breasts and bouillon cube in a sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer the chicken for 45 minutes to an hour until tender enough to shred.
- Pull the meat out of the sauce pan and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onions, jalapenos, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes on medium heat or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until mushy about 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and add it to the tomato mixture. Stir and continue to cook until the chicken is warm.
- Salt and pepper to taste and stuff the chicken in corntortillas for enchilads.
- Cook the enchiladas and serve.
This was a pretty good recipe and easy to remember! I used chicken thighs since we are on a bit of a budget and it worked just as well.