A lighter version of a rice pilaf (although if you are not calorie counting, you may sub real butter and any chicken broth) VEGETARIANS may use vegetable broth and vegetarian margarine. The lemon pepper really is the secret ingredient here. Adapted from an early issue of Taste of Home, and used many times over the years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size saucepan, saute carrots and onion in butter until tender over about medium heat- about 5 minutes.
- 2Add rice and stir briefly to coat, about 1 minute.
- 3Add broth and lemon pepper, stirring to mix, then raise heat and bring it to a boil.
- 4Once it comes to boil, lower the heat, drop on the lid, and let simmer about 20 minutes or until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Carrot Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 476.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: