Recipe by blucoat
An easy and delicious recipe from Gourmet Magazine (March 1996). You can make this ahead of time and rewarm before serving (even in the microwave!). Perfect for Thanksgiving or a holiday meal. Another very good twist on this recipe is to replace the lime juice with balsamic vinegar and the scallions with shallots. Yum!
Top Review by Chef Jean
Another great way to serve brussles sprouts! When they're shredded like this even picky eaters might like them! The green onion was a great addition, but I'll add more next time I make these.
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed (about 26)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 scallions, sliced thin diagonally
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sprouts in half and slice thin lengthwise.
- In a heavy skillet melt butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides and sauté sprouts and scallions, stirring, until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- In a bowl toss vegetables with lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.