- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) containers Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile, with the shredding disk of a food processor, shred Brussels sprouts (if you don't have a food processor, halve and thinly sliced with a chef's knife). In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add Brussels sprouts and cook, tossing occasionally until tender and beginning to brown, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with pecans.