Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday Food.
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) containers Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile, with the shredding disk of a food processor, shred Brussels sprouts (if you don't have a food processor, halve and thinly sliced with a chef's knife). In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add Brussels sprouts and cook, tossing occasionally until tender and beginning to brown, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with pecans.
I can't give this any stars review because we attempted this recipe in order to see if we liked brussel sprouts and we decided we don't lol. But the crunchy pecans were delicious
This is a very interesting way to cook brussels sprouts. I love fresh brussels sprouts, and this recipe was extremely good. I liked the texture of the thinly sliced brussels sprouts and the crunch of the pecans and mustard seeds. I served this dish at a dinner party, and they were a great hit. These could actually be cooked on the grill during a cookout as well. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs June 2008.