Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Halloween is my favorite holiday! Here's a quote from the original recipe, but I don't have a name to go with it. "This is a quick and easy spread to make for any occasion. The name comes from a friend of mine who hates crab and made some disparaging comments about the appearance of the dip. It tastes great and has the perfect appearance for Halloween when paired with a creative name. I like topping this spread with 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, but you lose the shredded brain effect. For serving on a different occasion, omit the food coloring and add the almonds."
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- orange food coloring, and
- green food coloring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the almonds and place in a greased shallow baking dish, adding enough green and orange food coloring to give the dish a greyish cast.
- Bake for 15 minutes.