Recipe by ezgourmand
Colorful raw beet salad with a tangy dressing makes this salad a nice change of pace.
- 2 medium beets
- 3 medium carrots
- 1⁄2 large yellow pepper
- 3 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- mixed salad green
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 garlic cloves (thin sliced or minced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (strong)
- hot sauce (Frank's, about a dozen drops)
Directions See How It's Made
- The dressing and salad ingredients can all be prepared ahead and set aside to be put together at the last minute.
- Peel and grate raw beets and carrots, set aside in separate bowls or piles. Longer “strings” are more appealing.
- Slice pepper into slivers.
- Chop red onion.
- Blend together all Dressing ingredients (or use Magic Bullet).
- On a flat salad plate, put a layer of salad greens, topped with some red onion.
- Put a flat layer of beets, topped with a smaller layer/pile of carrots.
- Arrange yellow pepper slivers around the beets/carrots.
- Top with Feta and sunflower seeds.
- Let each person add their own dressing, but it doesn't need much.