Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious recipe from a church cookbook I found at a garage sale
- 2⁄3 lb beef flank steak
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 medium green peppers
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Using a sharp knife, slice beef across grain and at an angle into thin strips.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add beef shreds, mix well.
- Let stand about 15 minutes.
- Slice green peppers into thin strips.
- Heat 5 T oil in a wok over high heat 1 minute.
- Stir fry marinated beef for 10 seconds.
- Remove beef, draining well over wok and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir fry ginger root and freen onions 1 minute.
- Add green pepper shreds, sugar and salt.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked beef.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
It was quick and easy. A good recipe when you're not in the mood to go all out in the kitchen. I used cornstarch rather than baking soda.