Recipe by mydesigirl
This recipe will feed 15-20 people, but once you read it you can use the meat in other ways also.
- 1 beef brisket (get one 10-15 pounds)
- 1 (100 count) package corn tortillas
- 10 -15 fresh jalapeno peppers, whole
- 1 dozen lime (cut in half and juice, set aside)
- 3 bunches cilantro (Spanish parsley, large leaf)
- 3 large white onions, chopped finely
- 1 cup margarine, melted over low heat with
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- This is an easy recipe, although time consuming.
- Prepare the brisket, cook it thoroughly, whether you cook on the grill or in the oven.
- The oven method is easy, I use a cooking bag, spice it with salt, pepper, chopped onion, smoke flavored sauce, or any steak sauce. Once the beef is done, using the leanest part of the brisket, chop the meat finely, set aside in an oven proof pan, cover with tin foil and return to a warm oven.
- Heat up the margarine as indicated above, heat up a frying pan, I use a cast iron one, using tongs, dip a corn tortilla into the butter and drop into the frying pan, heat on one side turn an heat the other, takes about 60 seconds total.
- Tortilla should not be soggy.
- Heat a pile of them and wrap in tin foil and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Wash jalapenos, dry and toss in the pan after you have heated the tortillas, doing so before hand will make the tortillas taste hot, you may add a little lime butter to make them cook faster.
- Grill the jalapenos in the pan until they are soft, usually five to seven minutes, they will wilt, put aside in a bowl, ceramic or glass, plastic will pick up the flavor.
- Mix together the chopped onion and cilantro, toss with the fresh lime juice. To assemble the tacos: Get one tortilla, place about 2 tablespoons of chopped meat in the tortilla, add one tablespoon of onion mixture and if you dare one jalapeno whole! With the left over meat from the brisket, you can freeze it and make barbecue sandwiches out of them.