Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This how my family makes taco meat. We prefer this to using ground beef.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 head garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 whole habanero peppers
- Trim beef brisket and cut into large cubes (1 1/2- 2 inches).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Coat beef cubes in flour and sear in oil. Remove and place them into a large pot.
- Add onions and garlic to oil. Brown them.
- Pour all contents of pan (oil, onions, and garlic) into the pot of meat.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and whole habanero peppers. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Turn flame to low and let slow cook for 2 1/2- 3 Hours or until meat is shredded and excess liquid has cooked out. In order for beef to become properly shredded, much stirring is needed toward the end.