Recipe by ellie_
My favorite way to use my crock pot is to make shredded beef sandwiches and this one is delicious. Recipe source: Sunset (January 2006)
Top Review by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
Outstanding! This was so good and so easy. I didn't change a thing. It's almost like barbacoa. We ate the leftovers on corn tortillas the next morning for breakfast. I will be making this again--thanks for posting.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chili sauce or 1 (7 ounce) can salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- French rolls or sandwich bun
- onion, sliced, garnish
- cilantro, garnish
- sour cream, garnish
- tomatoes, slices garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beef and trim excess fat.
- Put beef in crock pot and reminder of ingredients (through beef broth).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred meat with forks.
- Return shredded beef to crock pot and serve with sauce.
- Serve on sandwich rolls with sauce and your favorite toppings. Some of our favorite toppings are onion slices, grated cheese, sour cream and extra salsa.