Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
My favorite way to use my crock pot is to make shredded beef sandwiches and this one is delicious. Recipe source: Sunset (January 2006)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chili sauce or 1 (7 ounce) can salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- French rolls or sandwich bun
- onion, sliced, garnish
- cilantro, garnish
- sour cream, garnish
- tomatoes, slices garnish
- Rinse beef and trim excess fat.
- Put beef in crock pot and reminder of ingredients (through beef broth).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred meat with forks.
- Return shredded beef to crock pot and serve with sauce.
- Serve on sandwich rolls with sauce and your favorite toppings. Some of our favorite toppings are onion slices, grated cheese, sour cream and extra salsa.
Outstanding! This was so good and so easy. I didn't change a thing. It's almost like barbacoa. We ate the leftovers on corn tortillas the next morning for breakfast. I will be making this again--thanks for posting.