Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This recipe uses cola and cayenne and cooks in a crockpot. From Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals.
- 3⁄4 cup cola
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 lb) boneless beef rump roast
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 8 kaiser rolls
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the cola, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, vinegar, bouillon and seasonings; set aside. Cut roast in half. In a nonstick skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides.
- Place onions in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Pour half of cola mixture over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Cover and refrigerate remaining cola mixture.
- Remove meat from cooking liquid, reserving onions and discarding the liquid. When meat is cool enought to handle, shred with two forks.
- Return meat and onions to the slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, combine ketchup an dreserved cola mixture; heat through. Pour over meat mixture an dheat through. Serve on rolls.
Turned out really really good, made in a pressure cooker. I added all the liquid to the cooker with the browned meat and onions and cooked 35 minutes. Lifted the meat out to cool and shred, meanwhile reduced the liquid in the pot to 1/2 cup and then proceeded as on the recipe. Easy and so satisfying!
I made this overnight to take to the race track today. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the cayenne pepper. Everyone enjoyed it. I only had to cook this for six hours in my crock.
I made these this weekend. I used a bottom round roast and they were delicious!!!! I didn't have beef bouillon granules, so I used 1 tsp of vegetable better than bouillon. I also didn't have ground mustard. Put a squirt or 2 of yellow mustard and let 'er rip. My family really thought they were awesome! I am making these for a big crowd for my 40th birthday party. Yummy!!!!