Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Quick Cooking 2001 Slow cooker recipe
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 14 sandwich buns, split
- In a slow cooker, combine the beef, green peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 7-8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Shred beef using two forks.
- With a slotted spoon place about 1/2 cup beef mixture on each bun and serve.
Very tasty & simple to make. I made half the recipe & used less onion & green pepper than it called for. I did add a little A1 to the final product. Made for 123 Hits Tag
HUSBAND LOVED! I didn't use stew meat, but a simple cut with good intramuscular fat, and it cooked beautifully. (I cut off the top fat slap and lay it on top so it can cook through for drippings, then be removed). I used half the green peppers and omitted the green apples cause I didn't have any, and was just plain good (though I'll add all next time). Made with home-made buns - since buns really make the sandwich. Will be making again and again.
We had this for supper last night and it was really good. I had half a red onion and half a yellow onion in the fridge, so I used both types. Otherwise, I made this as directed I only made half the recipe for my family of 4 (and a baby) and we had plenty. Thanks so much for sharing.