Recipe by Hope Rock
A good way to use up that remaining roast or beef bottom round from the night before. It's just a quick and delicious way to deal with those leftovers.
- 2 cups shredded cooked beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 ciabatta
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred by hand all the leftover Beef and set aside.
- Dice up garlic, onion and peppers and Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet and place 1 tbsp oil until hot.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the shredded Beef and heat through.
- Turn down the heat and add BBQ sauce, to coat. (You can add a little or a lot to your desired amount). Allow to simmer on low.
- In a separate pan saute the onions and peppers until soft and translucent.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Open the Ciabatta Bread and toast with pepper jack cheese in the oven until cheese is melted. Place the shredded beef mixture on the other half and place some of the sauteed onions and peppers on top. Serve warm, with as much sauce and cheese as desired. Enjoy!