Pesto lover's Note:
This is to easy and delicious. I use a pressure cooker for this, so it is very fast to prepare. The preparation and cooking time does not include about 15 minues of waiting time for meat to cool off. Do not use bottled or fresh salsa for this recipe. It requires the 8 oz canned salsa casera found in the Mexican food section of the market. I use Embassa brand. Herdez brand is almost as good. We usually use this for taquitos. This makes enough for 36 taquitos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place meat in pressure cooker.
- 2Add water, 2 onions cut in half, garlic cloves and beef bouillon.
- 3Cover and cook for 25 minutes after it reaches full pressure.
- 4Take off flame and let cool. Open pot when pressure has gone down.
- 5Remove meat to cutting board to cool off (reserve broth for other uses).
- 6While meat is still warm, slice meat across the grain in narrow slices. Meat will shred easily.
- 7Put meat in large bowl or pot. Add the salsa casera, 1 finely diced onion, and cilantro. Mix well.
- 8(If you can't find salsa casera, you can use salsa mexicana in the 8 oz can, made by Embasa or Herdez brands).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Beef for Tacos or Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 480.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 37.6 g