Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is to easy and delicious. I use a pressure cooker for this, so it is very fast to prepare. The preparation and cooking time does not include about 15 minues of waiting time for meat to cool off. Do not use bottled or fresh salsa for this recipe. It requires the 8 oz canned salsa casera found in the Mexican food section of the market. I use Embassa brand. Herdez brand is almost as good. We usually use this for taquitos. This makes enough for 36 taquitos.
- Place meat in pressure cooker.
- Add water, 2 onions cut in half, garlic cloves and beef bouillon.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes after it reaches full pressure.
- Take off flame and let cool. Open pot when pressure has gone down.
- Remove meat to cutting board to cool off (reserve broth for other uses).
- While meat is still warm, slice meat across the grain in narrow slices. Meat will shred easily.
- Put meat in large bowl or pot. Add the salsa casera, 1 finely diced onion, and cilantro. Mix well.
- (If you can't find salsa casera, you can use salsa mexicana in the 8 oz can, made by Embasa or Herdez brands).