1/1 Photo of Shredded Beef for Tacos or Burritos
8 hrs 10 mins
We love tacos around here, so this is a favorite. I have used the meat to make burritos and enchiladas too. This recipe also works well with pork. The house smells so good when it is cooking! Leftovers freeze great too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef roast, trimmed of excess fat (I have used brisket, chuck, sirloin, bottom round)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (leave some seeds if you want it spicier)
- 1Place onion in slow cooker and top with beef roast.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over beef roast.
- 3Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- 4Remove roast from slow cooker, reserving juice.
- 5Use 2 forks to shred meat; mix in enough of the reserved juice until it is the desired consistency.
- 6Use as filling to tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or nachos.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Beef for Tacos or Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 764.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 37.8 g