Recipe by Robyn's Cookin'
This makes the best shredded beef tacos I think I've ever had. A lot of similar recipes call for beer, but I'm telling you...you GOTTA try it with the wine; it's amazing. This works just as well with pork (even super lowfat pork tenderloin). When we can afford a few extra calories in our diet (ha!), I like to stuff corn tortillas with the mixture and deep fry...they're seriously insane. I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com a few years ago and haven't made a single modification; it's perfect as is. Enjoy :-)
- 4 lbs frozen bottom roast
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (7 3/4 ounce) cansmexican-style hot tomato sauce (El Pato brand)
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the frozen roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour the wine and Mexican-style hot tomato sauce over the top.
- Season with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.
- When done, the roast should shred easily with a fork.
- Shred the roast into the juices, and mix in the chopped green onions and cilantro.