Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This is sooo good and easy. The first day we have French Dip sandwiches on crusty rolls, dipped in the broth. We then use the left over meat for hash or wrapped in flour tortillas. The left over broth gets saved in the freezer for recipes calling for beef broth. This makes a wonderful base recipe to make any type of beef soup. I have used this recipe for chicken also and it turns out delicious.
- 2267.96 g chuck roast or 2267.96 g rump roast
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 9.85-14.78 ml salt
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 29.58 ml whole black peppercorns
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in crock pot with water to cover.
- Add bouillon, salt, and garlic powder.
- Place the bay leaves, peppercorns, oregano, and rosemary in a coffee filter and secure tightly with a rubber band or cooking twine. Add this to the pot.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours. Remove coffee filter and discard. Remove meat and shred.