Recipe by multitasker
These are the best made with homemade tortillas and sauce; however will taste good with store bought as well. Everyone I've made these for always asks me when I am having them back for more. I hope you enjoy.
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were good and easy to make. I made the meat as directed other then I didn't add the chilis. I cooked mine for 8 hours and shredded it and it was so good. I didn't make these into enchiladas though. I ate just the meat and hubby ate his on a roll with cheese. We enjoyed it this way but I think it would be just as good as enchiladas too.
- 1 (3 lb) beef roast
- 1 (28 ounce) canflavored tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 4 cups enchilada sauce
- 20 flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped fresh tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the roast in your crock pot. Mix the tomatoes, green chilies and spices in a bowl. Stir until mixed and pour over roast. Let cook on low for 8-9 hours. When roast is done shred it with two forks to make shredded beef. Dip each tortilla in the sauce and roll up with 2 tablespoons shredded beef and 1 Tablespoon cheese. Place all enchiladas in two 9x13 pans. Pour remaining sauce over top of enchiladas and sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven about 15 Minutes or until cheese in melted. Top with sour cream and tomatoes if desired.
- Tip: If you don't have the tomatoes just use the equivelant in tomato juice, salsa, etc. The results will still be fantastic.