Recipe by Mary Pribyl
This is easily an all time favorite for both Chris and my dad! It's extremely easy and freezes perfectly...my dad and Chris agree that it tastes the exact same from the freezer as it does the day I make it
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast, leave inside butchers twine for now if tied
- 1 -2 cup white wine (I normally get the little Sutter Home bottles and use 2)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- seasoning salt (I learned to put way more in than you think you need)
- 1 cup light beer (at least)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in crock pot on low for 8-9 hours.
- **The liquid should almost cover the roast, so you can add more water to bring to that level. I just continue to add beer to get to that level. It takes anywhere from 2-3 bottles.
- Take beef out of crock pot and shred with forks.
- You can reduce the liquid if you want a more intense flavor.
- Add beef back to crock pot and you're ready to go! This is great with sandwich rolls and shredded cheese (mozzarella is my favorite). Make sure to get some juice on the bread! :).