Recipe by Karenm3
This is my version of a Sloppy Joe, except you don't use hamburger meat. This is one of my husbands favorite meals, it is more hearty than the traditional Sloppy Joe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork (or use 3lb of Beef or pork)
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- hamburger buns or hoagie roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef and pork into small pieces, place in a slow cooker (crock pot).
- add remaining ingredients except for tomato paste and let it simmer on med- high heat for approx 6-8 hrs depending on your slow cooker and how small you cut up your meat.
- (it should shred easily with a fork).
- Add tomato paste let simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- serve on Hamburger or Hoagie buns.