Recipe by Luschka
From Step by Step Pasta Dishes
Top Review by mersaydees
Made as directed and this did not work for us. It was pretty, but where was the flavor?! When served, I added additional salt and my DH added Hunan red pepper oil, which I tried too, and it just tasted "hot" after all that! Since I have the cookbook, I looked up the recipe; the only discernable difference is that in the book's recipe, the dry sherry is in equal parts to the beef stock. My DH doesn't think that upping the sherry will help! Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 175 ml beef stock
- 70 ml dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchstick strips
- 5 cm piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350 g lean rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 175 g mange-touts peas (snow peas)
- 4 portions pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, blend the cornflour with the stock, sherry, sugar and salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil over a high heat and stir-fry the carrots, ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the steak and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the steak and stir fry for 3 minutes, until the meat is browned all over and cooked through.
- Add the mange tout and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the cornflour mixture and bring to the boil over a high heat, stirring continuously for 1 – 2 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and glossy.
- Serve immediately with freshly cooked fusilli.