1/1 Photo of Shredded BBQ Pork & Cole Slaw Sandwiches
192 hrs 20 mins
I got this recipe from an Ingles Summer fun booklet. It's really easy and the slaw is a delicious change from regular slaw. Even DS who doesn't like slaw liked this. The slow cooker makes it extra easy. You can also substitute chuck roast or skinless,boneless chicken thighs or breasts. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork butt, cut into lg chunks
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup hunts hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- French roll
- 1Place pork in slow cooker and spoon tomato paste over; do not stir.
- 2Cook, covered LOW 8-10 hrs (or HIGH 4-6 hrs).
- 3Shred pork, blending tomato paste (I left in the juices).
- 4Stir in BBQ sauce and salt.
- 5Spoon on rolls and top with slaw.
- 6For the Tangy Coleslaw:.
- 7Whisk together mayo, mustard,honey & salt in large bowl.
- 8Add coleslaw mix and raisins; toss until well blended.
- 9Cover and chill 2 hrs before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded BBQ Pork & Cole Slaw Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.9
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 634.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce