Recipe by Chill
I got this recipe from an Ingles Summer fun booklet. It's really easy and the slaw is a delicious change from regular slaw. Even DS who doesn't like slaw liked this. The slow cooker makes it extra easy. You can also substitute chuck roast or skinless,boneless chicken thighs or breasts. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs pork butt, cut into lg chunks
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup hunts hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- French roll
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I used fat free)
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) bagdeli Coleslaw
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork in slow cooker and spoon tomato paste over; do not stir.
- Cook, covered LOW 8-10 hrs (or HIGH 4-6 hrs).
- Shred pork, blending tomato paste (I left in the juices).
- Stir in BBQ sauce and salt.
- Spoon on rolls and top with slaw.
- For the Tangy Coleslaw:.
- Whisk together mayo, mustard,honey & salt in large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix and raisins; toss until well blended.
- Cover and chill 2 hrs before serving.