Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A wonderful make ahead for your next barbecue and so yummy! Serve this very tender and tasty beef on a fresh crusty hoagie roll.
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- Place roast in Dutch oven and add broth, onion and celery.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and cool slightly.
- Shred meat with two forks.
- Remove vegetables from cooking liquid and discard, then skim off fat and reserve 1 1/2 cups of cooking liquid.
- Return the 1 1/2 cups of liquid to Dutch oven, then stir in rest of ingredients.
- Return shredded beef to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.