Recipe by Fat Doggin'
My husband comes from the South and since moving out West, he has missed good b-b-q. He was very excited about these sandwiches once he tasted them. It was completely gone by the next day. I thought it would be too much vinegar but once it was done cooking, it was so good.
Top Review by Cookinggina
I thought this was delicious! I did use a rump roast instead of the chuck, but only because the rump was already in my freezer. Otherwise I followed it to a T. I was worried that it would be too runny, but it cooked up very nicely and my daughter (12), who is miss picky gave it the thumbs up! Thanks for a keeper! :)
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl. Pour barbecue sauce mixture over chuck roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker; shred meat with fork. Place shredded meat back in slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce.
- Spoon meat onto sandwich buns and top with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.