Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Don't let the cooking time scare you. The three hours is for the chicken in the crockpot. And you can cook that the day before.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 buns
- Place chicken breast in the crockpot and cook on high about 3 hours.
- Stir together all the sauce ingredients.
- Add the shredded chicken and heat.
- Serve on buns.
Easy, cheap, and tasty!! I've made this a few times now. Today I added sliced onions and the sauce at the start of cooking. Before serving I use two forks to shred the chicken inside of the crockpot.
Great tasting and simple. I let the chicken and sauce simmer for an extra amount of time, just to thicken it up a bit. I'll post a pic soon. :)
If I could give it zero stars, I would have. I threw it out and made sandwiches for the family, HORRIBLE!