Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
for beverage tag apr 08
Make and share this Shredded Asian Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 75 g vermicelli, prepared according to directions
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 5 spring onions, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup kraft* coleslaw dressing
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- Cut the carrot and cucumber into ribbons and then into thin strips.
- Toss with cabbage, vermicelli, capsicum, spring onions and peanuts until combined.
- Combine dressing, chilli sauce and coriander. Stir through salad ingredients. Chill before serving.
A great salad with lots of wonderful taste and texture sensations! The whole family enjoyed this. I used a vegetable peeler to 'ribbon' the carrot and cucumber, and then chopped them into smaller pieces with a sharp knife. It took several bowls to find one that could accommodate all the ingredients. Was also hard to toss in the vermicelli. This would have been easier if I'd broken up the vermicelli before cooking it, or rinsed and chopped it after the cooking and draining. That said it is a brilliant salad. My pics show before and after adding the dressing -- and a change of bowls. Thanks for a great variation on boring old coleslaw.