Recipe by JMigs;0)
Can't remember where I found this recipe, it may be a combo of different ones but my husband said it was as good as the ramen shop's. So, I'm posting it. While I added some chicken bouillon to suit our taste, I also added a little more dashi and another splash of soy sauce, so please do adjust the seasonings to your taste!
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms (for a little more flavor soak some dried shitake mushrooms in the dashi or a little bit of hot water)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dashi stock
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- chicken bouillon (to taste)
- ramen noodles
- cooked chicken pieces (optional) or chopped scallions (optional) or green onions (optional) or hard-boiled eggs (optional) or shoyu eggs (optional) or nori (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sesame oil in pot (big enough for the soup), saute ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, dashi, chicken bouillon, sake, salt, sugar, soy sauce, and shitake mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- Add ramen noodles and cook in soup (usually about 3 minutes, or according to package instructions).
- Drain the noodles and arrange in bowls, add soup and garnish to taste.