Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in a book I read, and since then, I've always loved it! It's a Japanese recipe, and it's mostly used for breakfast, but I eat it for lunch or dinner, too.
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water (2 cups water to 1 cup rice)
- 2 teaspoons shoyu (Shoyu, the first part of this recipe, is soy sauce)
- 1 egg, yolk and white
- Boil the rice in the water in your microwave for about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, pour the shoyu on the rice, making sure to cover as much of the rice as possible.
- Crack the egg, making sure to use both the white and yolk, over the rice. Stir it around a little bit.
- Put the rice back in the microwave, and heat it for about 2 minutes, or until the egg is cooked.
- Stir the egg around again.