Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Slightly different than most on Zaar. Raves from family
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 star anise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- Combine everything but the chicken in a large sauce pan.
- Mix well & bring to a boil as you stir.
- Add chicken and bring back just to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer & cook 40 minutes.
- Serve over rice or with fried rice as a side dish.