Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My absolute favorite dish. simple to prepare
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup shoyu
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- combine everything but the chicken and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add chicken and put in hot pot on stove.
- Cook for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- serve over rice with vegetable side (corn niblets best).
Congrats! Your Recipe was featured as our "Recipe of the Day" on our homepage! (7/15/11)
Very good! Nice sauce develops while cooking, crusty and colorful glaze on the chicken, wonderful over rice. Super easy and super flavorful.
Shoyu Chicken is always welcome in this house and this is a good recipe for it. The chicken is fall-apart tender and has a nice red-brown glaze to it. A bed of white rice underneath and a tablespoon of green onions on top completed our plate. Made for Pick A Chef, April 09.