Recipe by Lavender Lynn
I got the recipe from my roommate from Hilo, Hawaii. She shared a bunch of recipes with me.
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
Very good!!! I cut the recipe back for 2 thighs. I used boneless, skinless thighs. I also topped it with fresh sliced scallions. I will be making this again. Thanks LavenderLynn for this recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (I use boneless and skinless)
- 1⁄3 cup shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons wine or 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 slice gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil slightly in wok.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir until light brown.
- Add chicken pieces and fry until lightly browned.
- Add sugar and cook until sugar is melted.
- Add shoyu and wine.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Lower heat, put cover on wok, and simmer about 30 minute Stir contents occasionally.