1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I got this out of the latest issue of "Midwest Living." This will definately get made for the holiday season! There are two options, baking with or without a waterbath. Cook time is for waterbath option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup very finely ground cashews
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker (14 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1For the crust: In a medium bowl, stir together the ground cashews, graham crackers and the 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2Drizzle the melted butter over the cashew mixture.
- 3Toss till mixed well.
- 4Press the cashew mixture onto the bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 5Wrap outside of the springform pan securely with heavy foil.
- 6Set aside.
- 7For filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium-high speed 3 to 4 minutes or till mixture is completely smooth, scraping sides of bowl.
- 8Reduce speed to medium, beat in rum (if you like), sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 9Add eggs all at once, beat on low speed till just combined.
- 10Stir in eggnog.
- 11Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- 12Place springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- 13(Make sure there's at least 1 inch between the springform pan and the edges of the roasting pan).
- 14Place roasting pan on oven rack.
- 15Carefully pour enough hot tap water into roasting pan to come halfway up side of springform pan.
- 16Bake in 350 oven 60 to 70 minutes or till edge of cheesecake is firm and center appears nearly set when lightly shaken.
- 17Carefully remove pan from water bath, transfer to a wire rack.
- 18Cool 15 minutes.
- 19Remove foil.
- 20Lossen crust from sides and cool 30 minutes.
- 21Remove sides of pan, cool.
- 22Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- 23Garnish with cashew brittle, if you like.
- 24To bake without the water bath: Prepare cheesecake as above, except omit the foil; place the pan with filling in a shallow roasting pan.
- 25Bake without water bath 45 to 50 minutes or till center appears nearly set when shaken.
- 26Surface will have a more golden color than cheesecake baked in a water bath.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Showstopper Eggnog Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.7
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 321.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g