Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
I got this out of the latest issue of "Midwest Living." This will definately get made for the holiday season! There are two options, baking with or without a waterbath. Cook time is for waterbath option.
- 1 cup very finely ground cashews
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker (14 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups dairy eggnog
- cashews, brittle (optional)
- For the crust: In a medium bowl, stir together the ground cashews, graham crackers and the 1/2 cup sugar.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the cashew mixture.
- Toss till mixed well.
- Press the cashew mixture onto the bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Wrap outside of the springform pan securely with heavy foil.
- Set aside.
- For filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium-high speed 3 to 4 minutes or till mixture is completely smooth, scraping sides of bowl.
- Reduce speed to medium, beat in rum (if you like), sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Add eggs all at once, beat on low speed till just combined.
- Stir in eggnog.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- Place springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- (Make sure there's at least 1 inch between the springform pan and the edges of the roasting pan).
- Place roasting pan on oven rack.
- Carefully pour enough hot tap water into roasting pan to come halfway up side of springform pan.
- Bake in 350 oven 60 to 70 minutes or till edge of cheesecake is firm and center appears nearly set when lightly shaken.
- Carefully remove pan from water bath, transfer to a wire rack.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Lossen crust from sides and cool 30 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan, cool.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Garnish with cashew brittle, if you like.
- To bake without the water bath: Prepare cheesecake as above, except omit the foil; place the pan with filling in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake without water bath 45 to 50 minutes or till center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Surface will have a more golden color than cheesecake baked in a water bath.