Recipe by OneEyeJack
We had random mold spots in the shower on and off forever until I finally found a way to eliminate it forever. Once a week, and no more mold, forever!. Here is a list of the once opened and never used again cleaners.Tilex, CLR Bathroom & Kitchen Cleaner, ZEP Grout Cleaner, OXI Clean, Arm&Hammer Clean Shower, KABoom, Comet-liquid and powder.
Top Review by Mimi in Maine
This is absolutely true, true, true. Mold won't live where there is bleach. I usually put in a tad more bleach to the water just to be on the safe side--but not much. This is so much cheaper than the "bought stuff" to keep the shower clean. Thanks for posting this. We shouldn't be breathing any kind of mold as it is very bad for the lungs especially if you have a lung condition.
- 118.29 ml bleach (Clorox preferred)
- 1892.5 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1/2 gallon power sprayer (see picture) pour in 1/2 cup of clorox, fill with water to the 1/2 gallon mark.
- Every Saturday morning, pump up the sprayer, put on your safety glasses, and start on the floor and work up around the walls leaving the top for last.
- Spray the door hinge area.
- Let drip dry.
- Release the pressure on the sprayer, and you are done until next Saturday.
- About the third week, you will be completly mold free.