Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Showbizz posted this at FibroTalk.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Arrange the sweet potato and apple slices in a steamer basket.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Steam over boiling water for 18-20 minutes or until tender.
This was an easy recipe, I did pop it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp it up a little. On the advice of the other reviewer I added a little sugar and butter. I still thought it was a tad bland, next time I will add more spices.
I really liked this and thought it was very simple and tasty. I did think it could use a little more flavor maybe some butter and a tiny bit of sugar? I really loved the combination of the apple with sweet potatoes. Thank you so much! Made for Fall PAC 2008