1/5 Photos of Show-off Roast Pork
1 hr 45 mins
My favorite do-ahead party dish. Excellent taste, very easy to make, and perfect for everything from a casual to a formal dinner party, or even a buffet. It's great served with braised belgian endive or lightly sauteed broccoli rappe, green salad, wine, and even pasta. Versatile and easy dish. My go-to dish when we've got friends coming over, and I can't think of what to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless pork loin (2 to 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 ounces finely-chopped prosciutto
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely-minced garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 - 1 1/2 T dried)
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese or 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 1 -2 cup dry white wine
- 1Mix together butter, prosciutto, garlic, rosemary, parmesan, and black pepper and set aside (can be made in advance and refrigerated up to one day, but warm to room temperature before proceeding).
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Cut slits about an inch or so long and a half inch or so deep all over the top of the roast.
- 4Spread butter mixture over the roast, using the handle of a spoon to get it into the slits you made earlier (very important).
- 5(At this point, you can wrap roast in plastic and refrigerate overnight and up to 1 day.) Put prepared roast in a roasting pan, pour wine slowly over it, and cook for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the size of the roast, basting about every 30 minutes or so with pan drippings.
- 6Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Show-off Roast Pork
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 66.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork loin