Recipe by janet gut
I am in charge of our neighborhood gourmet club and we used this recipe at five different homes with 8-10 couples at each house. Everyone raved about how easy and delicious!!
Top Review by Angela P.
I made this for Christmas Dinner, my Dad only "thrives" on meat and I'm always looking to impress him, this knocked his socks off, it will be my Christmas dinner for along time to come. 5 star restaurant good!!
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled & slivered
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup port wine (or any other dry red wine)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 lbs beef tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- Make small slits in the tenderloin and insert the garlic slivers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, (or a Reynolds turkey oven bag for easy clean-up and marinating) combine all of the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Add tenderloin, cover and marinate OVERNIGHT.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and place on a rack like broiler pan.
- Folding the ends under roast so tenderloin is of uniform size.
- Discard the marinade.
- Roast the tenderloin for 45-55 minutes for medium- rare or to desired doneness.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before slicing crosswise to serve.
- Serve with red wine sauce or a bearnaise sauce.
- (I purchase the tenderloin at Sam's Club. The quality is great and is as much as$10 off a pound).