Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from Alice's Brady Bunch Cookbook, that came out in the nineties or so. This chicken is really good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cleaned and sectioned
- In a large baking pan melt the butter and oil in the oven.
- In a medium bowl mix together the.
- flour, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Coat the pieces with the flour mixture.
- Place the chicken in melted butter skin-side down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn over and cook 30 minutes longer or
- until the thickest pieces are fork-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I loved the Brady Bunch so I couldn't help but try this recipe. I used 1 whole chicken, cut up. Reduced the oil and margarine to 1/4 cup each. Added 1 tsp. paprika and lined my pan with foil for easier cleaning. I made gravy using recipe #144215 but used milk in place of broth. It was excellent and I will never cook chicken "fried" any other way. Thank you so much for posting!