Recipe by JAK
It may be non-traditional, but boy is it good. It is by far the quickest comfort food to whip up, ever. Bang! Spicy, thick, sausage-y. Yum. This is okra-free because I hate it.
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 1⁄2 ounces parboiled brown rice (I use Success! brand)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped Polish sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water, sausage, zucchinni, and hot sauce until simmering.
- Add remaining vegetables, salt, pepper.
- Mix cornstarch into slurry with a bit of cold water.
- Add rice, cook for ten minutes.
- Stir in starch slurry, cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy, garnish with pepper if desired.