Recipe by Marla Swoffer
Not only stretches a can of soup into several servings, but also makes it taste homemade. If you prefer a less tangy flavor, omit the juices from the canned tomatoes or add more half and half (or milk or cream).
Top Review by E S.
This is a great base recipe for a bisque! My family likes our soup a little bit on the kickier side, so I added the following:<br/>-A pinch of crushed cloves<br/>-1 bay leaf<br/>-A few shakes of dried basil<br/>-A shake of onion powder<br/>-A shake of garlic powder<br/>-A few shakes of dried red pepper flakes<br/>-Salt to taste<br/><br/>I've been looking for a good basic bisque recipe for ages ? this is it! :)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup half-and-half
- grated cheese (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup, tomatoes (including juice) and half and half in a pot over medium heat.
- Cook until simmering (or to desired temperature) but not boiling, stirring frequently.
- If using, put a handful of grated cheese (sharp cheddar is nice) in the bowls and ladle soup over it, or sprinkle with parmesan and pepper.