Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw nobody had posted this. SO easy, SO simple, SO...Redneck! If you're one of those "always from scratch" food snobs, this one ain't for you, unless you'd like to give swangin' the Redneck way a try. Great for any occasion, this is something that can be thrown together quick and looks great on a plate!
Top Review by DuChick
WOWeee! This is good stuff! I was looking for a treat to use up an almost-expired can of reduced fat HJ biscuits and this is a sure-fire winner. So easy, so tasty and very impressive! Thank you, Amy in heaven.
- 8 Hungry Jack big flaky refrigerated biscuits (one can)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- whipped topping, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and slice the strawberries and sweeten if desired.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the melted butter in a bowl and the sugar in a separate bowl. Separate the biscuits. Using the layers as a guide, peel the biscuits in half. Dip each in butter and roll in sugar. Place each half back together and place on the parchment.
- Bake until golden brown, but do not rely on the time on the can. (Due to the sugar, these burn easily). Let cool completely.
- To serve, peel the biscuit halves back apart, fill with berries, replace top and dollop on the topping.