Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Using Hostess Twinkies, you can make this delicious dessert in a snap! It is one of my favorites. I hope you like it too! Cooking time is chill time.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) package Hostess Twinkies (cream filled sponge cakes)
- 4 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- additional strawberry, halved for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside.
- Slice the Twinkies in half lengthwise; place filling side up in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch dish.
- Spread the pudding over the top of the sliced twinkies.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over the pudding and then spread the whipped topping over the strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting.
- Garnish with strawberry halves if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Loved it!! Great dessert! I loved that is tasted good, looked good and nobody knew how easy it was ;)
I took the angel food cake initiative (probably made an entirely new recipe), but, 1 box of angel food cake, mixed up, baked in 2 9x13 pans, doubled everything else, and made 2 cakes, using the sugar free vanilla pudding (only 3 cups of milk, since it tends to come out thin), and cool whip light. I think i'll post the new recipe, giving you the credit, since the numbers are going to come out so different...but, thank you so much for my new go-to summer dessert
I make this same basic dessert, but I use an angelfood cake bar from the grocery store. It's a very good, light dessert and it's really easy to put together. It's good to see this posted here. I think you will really enjoy it, especially with all the summer BBQ's coming up.