Recipe by Celeste :)
This is a very quick recipe that always gets praise. Its humble beginnings include store-bought refrigerator breadstick dough, which is quickly transformed into glorious sweet rolls worthy of any breakfast or brunch table.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerator refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine the brown sugar, milk, and butter. Microwave on high power for 30 seconds, or until the butter melts. Stir until smooth. Pour into an 8" round pan. Sprinkle the raisins over the brown sugar sauce.
- Place a sheet of waxed paper, about 15" long, on a work surface. Coat with nonstick spray. Unroll the breadstick dough on the waxed paper, but do not separate into breadsticks. Spread the applesauce over the dough and sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon. Roll up from a short end, jelly-roll style, using the waxed paper as a guide. Using a serrated knife, separate the dough at the 6 horizontal perforations to make 6 coiled dough rolls. Arrange in the pan on top of the brown sugar sauce.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Invert the pan onto a heatproof platter. Let stand for 1 minute so that the sauce drizzles over the rolls. Remove the pan and serve warm.