1 hr 15 mins
time consuming enough to hand roll, you don't need to be hand chopping everything as well. these freeze well. the phyllo is a new idea I was given. had always used wonton wrappers before but was unhappy with them turning out soft instead of crunchy or too greasy, trying the new way tonight but the filling is tried and true. I just eyeball everything so I'm guessing on the measurements.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 454 g coleslaw mix (small bag, has two types of chopped cabbage and grated carrots)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 175 g firm tofu (1/2 pkg, crumbled)
- 8 -10 white mushrooms (chop coarsely in food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts (the thick oriental kind, not alfalfa)
- tamari or soy sauce
- 10 -15 sheets phyllo pastry
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- 1stir fry first 6 ingredients until wilted and well combined. taste and adjust seasoning, let cool till you can handle easily.
- 2lay out a sheet of phyllo, brush lightly with melted butter, top with another sheet. cut into 4 so you have 4 double-layered smaller rectangles.
- 3working with one square diagonally from you, put 2 Tbs of filling in a horizontal line about 1/3 of the way up from the corner facing you, fold sides in and bottom up, then roll to create a little wrapped log about 1 inch wide and 2-3 inches long, try not to over stuff or they'll be harder to roll neatly. seal with a little more melted butter.
- 4once you're made all your rolls you can freeze or bake immediately at 375f for about 15 min or until they are brown and crispy.
- 5serve with sweet and sour dip or honey mustard or whatever else you want.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortcut Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.7
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 258.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 9.6 g