Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
By adding a can of soup to this recipe makes it so quick & simple - an ideal recipe for after work or when you're in a hurry. I also add extra vegetables.
- Heat a large saucepan and saute the onion in oil until transparent.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Stir in the flour to coat the mince.
- Add the ketcup and the soup.
- Season to taste.
- Transfer the mince mixture to a pie dish and top with the mashed potato.
- Dot with tiny pieces of butter.
- Bake at 190c for 30 minutes or until the mashed potato is slightly browned.
This is definately a simple good meal that it great to throw together in a hurry. I simply did not care for the overpowering vegtable soup taste. Maybe by adding more veggies, and perhasp some tomato sauce would have been better suited to my taste. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This is a lovely and simple meal, definitely great comfort food. I used ground beef, and did add some extra vegetables. I did find that the vinegar taste of the ketchup was slightly overpowering to the other ingredients, so when I make it again, I will use plain crushed tomatoes. Thank you so much for sharing.
I love this recipe, but instead of using the vegetable soup which made it semi runny, I substituted creamed corn. VERY GOOD!!!! Thanks for the cool recipe!!!!